PREP: 10 MINS | COOK: 1 Hour 20 Min | Makes: 1 Cake
I. Start by preheating your oven to 16O°C on the fan-bake setting
2. Then in a large saucepan, add 500g Sunbeam Mixed Fruit, 1 teaspoon of mixed spice, 100g of Sunbeam walnuts, 150g of sugar, 150mL of brandy, 150mL of orange juice and 125g of unsalted butter (note: you can sub the brandy for more orange juice if you like!)
3. Next bring the saucepan to a simmer over a low heat for approx. 20 minutes, then pop the fruit mixture into the fridge to cool down.
4. Now in a large mixing bowl, add 2 eggs, 2 cups/270g of flour, 1 teaspoon of bicarb and 1 teaspoon of baking powder
5. Next pour the chilled fruit mixture into the bowl and give it a good mix using a wooden spoon.
6. Now line a 19cm x 6.5cm round baking tin with baking paper as demonstrated in the IGTV, then pour the mixture into the tin (be careful not to collapse the sides of the baking paper.
7. Give the tin a few taps and a good shake around to ensure the mixture is nice and even, before popping it into the oven at l60C (be sure to keep an eye on the top of the cake to ensure it doesn’t burn!)
8. After approx. l hour 10 minutes insert a skewer into the cake: if it comes out clean, the cake is done and you can remove it from the oven.
9. Set the cake aside to cool for a few hours, then remove it from the tin. Peel off the baking paper and serve!
Recipe Credit: @recipearce